Twelve weeks of transformation with Total Yoga Nidra
This is a unique new Nidra course which Nirlipta has developed. He will be offering this for the first time ever this Autumn. This course is primarily aimed at those who wish to take their Nidra practice further and to develop the capacity to create Nidra for themselves. It is about the experience of Nidra, although it is not about Nidra as most people know it. It is so much more. This is powerful stuff for transformation, and it works. These techniques have the overall aim of deliberately integrating the everyday mind with the more powerful and deeper mind, in order to promote wholeness, and to discern a sense of meaning and direction in life. There will be at least 108 nidra based practices.
The course will focus on five areas in particular
1. How language, especially hypnotic language works in relation to Nidra. How it can be deliberately utilised to craft the practice of Nidra with more potency. This will be done in the form of hypnotic nidras, with explications of how they work and opportunities to practice hypnotic language in this context of Nidra.
2. How Nidra affects the mind, brain and physiology. This is taken from Nirlipta’s ground breaking work on Nidra, Neuroscience, Mind and Brain. This will be in the form of direct experience of Nidra practices which affect these systems, especially Nidra practices for the brain. They will demonstrate how profound experience can sometimes be achieved in yoga, (of how some yoga hacks work to produce profound mind transforming experiences and, significantly, of how they are replicable), from both the perspective of neuroscience and of yogic anatomy and physiology.
3. It will focus on using Nidra to self care for ourselves in ways that are most profound and powerful, especially necessary in this time of dramatic and uncertain worldwide change. This is deep, personal healing work with Nidra.
4.There will be an emphasis on accessing one’s own inspiration to create Nidra practices of substance and meaning specifically for oneself. This is a core part of the course, to be able to practice Nidra independently for oneself, to direct the course of the journey, and to integrate the deeper and the everyday minds.
5. Perhaps most enjoyably, the course is designed around the idea of learning deeply through the practice of, and through being in, the state of Nidra.
Most of the teaching will be in the form of Nidra and accessing Nidra states of mind and being. There will be some dissemination of theory, of dialogue within the group, and individually with at least three tutorials for each student will receive during the course for development of their own bespoke Nidra practice.
- To be able to create nidras for oneself.
- To use this practice experience indirectly to be able to create niidra for others.
- To learn how to consistenly access ones own creative core.
- To learn to develop ones own practice with TYN.
- To learn the theory of Nirlipta’s approach to Nidra through a variety of methods. These will include discourse, dialogue and guided self-practice.
- The core of the course will be based on learning by experiencing. A majority of the weekly sessions will involve learning in the states of Nidra.
- Whether doing the course purely for ones’ own sake or for working with others too, where appropriate, there will be regular live practice sessions with fellow peers attending the course, feedback and some supervision.
- These practice sessions will take the form of some very structured approaches, which will then be done in an improvisatory manner, to facilitate development of skills and fluency with Nidra.
- The three core areas of the course in terms of new knowledge will focus on:
1. Nidra, Neuroscience, Mind and Brain.
2. Deep Self-Care with Total Yoga Nidra.
3. Investigating, understanding and practicing using the Structure of the Hypnotic Languages of Trance.
4. Uncovering meaning and purpose in ones own journey through life.
5. Creating a significant practice for oneself as a result of attending this course.
- There will be exposition, live nidra practices and personalised self-directed course work with all three areas.
- It will be expected as part of the format of the course that students will develop an associated ATYN Nidra practice of their own, and will maintain this as far as is feasible for the duration of the course.
- The teachings gleaned from the course will be sufficient to embark on an individually self-directed Nidra practice of meaning and substance afterwards.
All of the practices are ones that have come to Nirlipta in the course of his own Nidra journey. They are pretty much unique and original, which is to say that they came to him, complete and fully formed. He didn’t sit down and craft them. This is his literal inspiration which this unique course has the purpose of sharing. Because of the nature of their revelation to him it is his understanding that these practices can’t be learnt anywhere else at this time.
This course will be in the form of Nidra sessions, seminars, workshops, tutorials , self study and practical application of the teachings with Nirlipta and others within the cohort of students. There will be much directive trance and relaxation. It is a serious undertaking ,of about a day a week for the twelve week duration of the course. It will be quite transformative.
This course is a total of 108 hours study.
All times are UK
- First session: Saturday 17th October 930am - 130pm
- Thereafter we will meet on Wednesday evenings 7pm - 9pm and Sunday mornings 930am -130pm with the exception of the weekend of Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th October which will be evenings 7pm - 9pm
- There will be an optional weekly seminar every Friday evening 7pm - 830pm
- Your self practice time is 1.5 hours per week
- The last session will be on Wednesday evening of 6th January 2021.