This course is live and interactive via zoom with Uma and Nirlipta
This is an online, expanded version of the Total Yoga Nidra Immersion Experience: comparative and creative forms of Yoga Nidra that has been delivered face to face, by Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Nirlipta Tuli at locations across the world since 2013.
Our intention with it is to offer an accessible and profound experience of yoga nidra, providing a perfect opportunity for those who have encountered the practice in other partial or limited forms to experience the full spectrum of approaches and applications. It also a prerequisite for our Total Yoga Nidra Teacher & Facilitator Training. It is open to anyone with an interest in learning about and experiencing yoga nidra, and assumes no prior knowledge or experience.
What’s in the course? A combination of theory and practice to give you a sound foundation (or to deepen your existing foundation) of understanding about what yoga nidra is in the broadest sense, and how it works. The course content is as follows:
- Welcome to Yoga Nidra
- The History and Development of Yoga Nidra
- Intentions, and how they Shape the Practice
- Comparative Structures
- Comparative Rotations of Consciousness
- The Science of Yoga Nidra
- The Philosophy of Yoga Nidra
- Liminality & Creativity
- Memory, Sleep & Dreams
- Trance: Hypnosis & Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra as a Meditative Practice
- Yoga Nidra & Bhakti Yoga
- Growing Your Own Practice
Each of these sections contains:
- A lecture by delivered Uma & Nirlipta together, where the written manual material is explored in more depth
- A yoga nidra practice, illustrating or exploring that material
- Enquiries for you to reflect upon
- Links to relevant online articles and websites
- Suggestions for further reading, should you wish to deepen your knowledge of that aspect of the course
You will need to download the zoom app and set up a little yoga nest where you can rest and move, and be seen when you lie down for the yoga nidra, so that Uma and Nirlipta can keep a kindly eye on all that arises.
Please have a light meal before the evening sessions.
There will be a one half an hour break in each session
Saturday 3rd October
Sunday 4th October
A PDF of the course workbook will be available and ALL recordings of practices will be available .