Saturday 7 March, 7- 9.30pm
This event will be offered as a gift to all who feel moved to attend - monetary offerings are at the discretion of those attending - if you feel inspired to join us then please come and contribute whatever you can afford to cover the expenses for all of the speakers, and to be able to offer the speakers some payments from what is gifted into the pot the night.
Please note that there is also a peace circle gathering with the same theme on Sunday 8th March, 7 til 9pm at the same venue - a circle to share and heal.
A message from Uma: "I am offering the space I have rented for my Well `Woman Yoga Therapy course to provide a venue for this event - so that is why we can offer the event as a the gift."
- To be together in rest with Total Yoga Nidra, to open our hearts and minds to healing.
- To listen, to be curious, to learn about De-Colonising Yoga.
- To hear the voices of those who have committed to revealing and dismantling systems of oppression that harm everybody, and continue to limit and constrain the freedom we seek through the practice of yoga.
- To centre the margins.
- To educate and inform, to share experience and ask questions.
- To explore the connections between post-lineage yoga and decolonising yoga.
This year the theme of the Santosa Yoga Camp is ‘Decolonising Yoga’. We have been running this camp for fifteen years, and have created through out community a safe and welcoming space
(Please note that there is also a peace circle gathering with the same theme on Sunday 8th March, 7 til 9pm at the same venue - a circle to share and heal.)
The invited speakers (to be confirmed):
Sofya Ayesha Ansari https://www.yogatorquay.co.uk/workshops_files/decolonising-yoga-workshop-2020.html
Diahann Love Holder https://www.urbanavatars.com/#diahann
Saara Jaffery-Roberts, Cofounder and director of Healing Justice London and other invited guests http://healingjusticeldn.org/
Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Theo Wildcroft https://www.wildyoga.co.uk/ will simply offer a welcoming short Total Yoga Nidra to settle us all into the circle of belonging, and help everyone to get comfortable in this special venue. https://umadinsmoretuli.com/
6.45pm arrivals for a 7pm start, ending at 9pm with questions and sharings