NINE NIGHTS and NINE MONTHS retreat with NINE MONTH GESTATION, followed by a CIRCLE OF RECONNECTION at the end of the Nine Months
Uma is delighted to welcome you to this exciting opportunity to complete her Yoni Shakti Well Woman Yoga Therapy Training course ONLINE! Over twelve years of running this course live, all over the world, have led to the opportunity to share online these authentic and effective teachings of Yoga Therapy to support and nurture women’s vitality at all stages of life.
Welcome to the circle of belonging that nurtures women’s health!
Here is a Special Message to You from Uma about the Live Online Yoni Shakti Well Woman Training.
JAI MÂ Dearest Yogini, Dear Soul!
Thank you so very much for your interest in this training! I am humbled to be of service to yoginis and to offer these tools for life long health and vitality for all women.
I am so glad to be able to offer this course online and have assembled a superb group of supporting tutors that I have been working with for many years. Together we will be at your service on this Yoni Shakti Well Woman Yoga Therapy Teacher Training. Thank you for being with us! The world needs us all to awaken to the wisdom of cyclical rhythms and the power of Yoni Shakti!
With great respect and love, I send warm wishes for your well being,
Please READ ON for more details of the ONLINE TRAINING.
Over the twelve years that I have been sharing this course it has become very clear that a living experience of cyclical wisdom is vital if we are to be able to share this with others.
This is why it is essential, before you show up to attend the full online training, that you dive deep into your own personal experience of cyclical wisdom., And so, together with my dear sister Sivani Mata Francis, I have created a very special ONLINE Yoni Shakti Immersion Course which is a PRE-REQUISITE for attending the full training. This means you will need to do this immersion course FIRST before the main training.
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for yoga teachers, but we extend a warm welcome to non-yoga teachers with a specialist interest in women's health at all stages of life.
The Yoni Shakti Well Woman Yoga Therapy training (also known as Womb Yoga) is for yoga teachers and experienced yoga practitioners who sense that yoga could be of more practical use to all women in managing health, vital energy and well-being. It is also suitable for holistic health-care practitioners with a sound yoga background who are working in the field of women’s' health and would like to integrate the healing benefits of yoga with their own therapeutic practice.
About the Well Woman Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
The first 9 nights of this Live Online Course will include daily meetings on Zoom in a variety of different learning environments:
- Full group live practice of yoga nidra, mantra, sound work, pranayama (breath work) and asana, mudra, bandha.
- Full group live lectures and talks from Uma and Contributing Tutors.
- Shakti sharing circles of nine students maximum, held by an experienced tutor (daily).
- Full group live practice of mantra, sound work, pranayama (breath work) and asana, mudra, bandha.
- Full group live lectures and talks from Uma and Contributing Tutors (twice daily).
- Shakti sharing circles of nine students maximum, held by an experienced tutor (daily).
Over the next 9 months we will meet on Zoom monthly:
- You will get exclusive, early-entry to our Monthly Full Moon Circle gatherings where there will be a check in and Q&A with Uma and members of the Yoni Shakti team.
- You will also be required to meet with your Shakti Circle at least once a month (at a time which suits you all within your group.)
- Each week you will receive learning materials, mostly in the form of video content with mini assessments to consolidate your learning.
- Also included is membership to the Yoni Shakti Well Woman online student community group.
This course is all about yoga for women’s’ health and vital energy throughout our lives. It shares techniques to feel, nurture and build the feminine energy of Shakti for the practical healing and benefit of women in all stages of life. This approach to yoga therapy for women’s’ well-being is founded upon the understanding that conscious respectful awareness of the menstrual cycle, and of cycles in women’s’ lives are crucial to female vitality, self-respect and spiritual empowerment.
The course presents therapeutic and enlivening yoga practices to support all experiences of femininity throughout a woman’s life. Topics covered included menstruation, pre-menstrual tension, fertility, subfertility, optimal fertility, assisted conception, feminine sexuality, perimenopausal mood swings, headaches, hot flushes and post-menopausal health concerns including osteoporosis. It addresses health issues related to the female pelvic organs, including postnatal recovery and prolapse, and other issues of concern to women in particular, such as menstrual pain, low self-esteem, depression, anaemia and eating disorders.
All these issues are addressed within the context of a yoga therapeutic understanding of feminine emotional life, lunar cycles and the play of the elements in the female body. The course encourages you to think and feel for yourself, and aims to provide you with practical tools from yoga therapy and tantric philosophy to help you to build programmes especially suited to the needs of women seeking full vitality and well-being. Conscious respectful awareness of menstrual and other life cycles form the foundation of this approach to yoga therapy for women’s’ health.
The course combines theory and practice from yoga and tantra to offer you fresh perspectives, new understandings and a deep appreciation of the healing power of yoga as therapy to optimise health and delight in feminine energy. Practices taught include: asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, deep relaxation and profound meditations including yoga nidra, sound meditations, moving meditations, visualisations and chants to the deep feminine.
The course content and philosophical background is set out in Uma Dinsmore-Tuli’s book Yoni Shakti: A woman’s guide to power and freedom through yoga and tantra. See www.yonishakti.co. As preparation for this training you are asked to read the introduction to Yoni Shakti – freely downloadable from HERE.
Three Key Ingredients of Yoga Therapy for Women's Health
Hear Uma talk about the essential aspects of Yoga Therapy for Women's Health: Bhakti, Sangha and Yoga Nidra.
Collaborative Learning Consolidation
During the training in order to consolidate the learning experience. Students will participate in triad experiences in which one student is the interviewer, one is the interviewee and one is the observer. Feedback will be given to the interviewer in person from the observer. Students will also participate in a collaborative learning consolidation exercise. In person group feedback will also be given.
Students are also required to read Uma's book Yoni Shakti prior to the course and to complete a post course case-study. There is also some optional reading that students may wish to engage with before, during or after the course. Details for all of this to be found on the Coursework tab above.
This course begins with an intensive nine day retreat experience, combining live online circles in small and large groups, Total Yoga Nidra, talks, practices, Mantras, Mudras and sound work. There will also be pair work and time for questions and answers each day.
- Gathering live online Thursday 21 - 29 April 2022, 1800 – 2100 (UK time) daily. Please allow an additional 2 hours a day during the first nine days for self-study.
- After the nine nights retreat you will be equipped with all you need to follow a structured course of home study and practice for nine months, including weekly releases of videos to view and audio to listen to and small assessments to complete to consolidate your learning.
- Monthly full moon circle, with exclusive early access for Q&A time with Uma and the team. These moon circles will hold a space to dive deep into your learning, where you can bring questions and commune with your sister yoginis.
- All circles will take place from 1800 – 2100 UK time, please note the time zone.
1800 – 2100 UK time, 2022: 16 May, 14 June, 13 July, 12 August, 9 September.
- Attendance at the Yoni Shakti Book Clubs during this time will also provide a learning sanctuary to embody and experience the teachings of the course in your own special way. You can choose from the following dates (all are at 7 pm- 830pm):
18, 25 May and 1 June 2022, more dates will be available soon.
- You will also be required to meet with your Shakti Circle at least once a month (at a time that suits you all within your group).
- Each week you will receive learning materials, mostly in the form of video content with mini-assessments to consolidate your learning.
- You will be supported through these circles until we return in celebration to the circle of reconnection nine months after the course began: Celebration Circle of Reconnection, Saturday 22 January 2023 1430 - 1730 and 1900 – 2100 UK.
Will the sessions be recorded?
All the main teaching sessions on this course (not the sharing circles) will be recorded and you have access to re-view them for 28 days after the course completes. You will also receive some pre-recorded content over the nine months.
The recording is not an alternative to attending. This is because some of the training involves sensitive group sharing and the decision was made therefore to keep the training as a live experience, with recordings offered to those who are present for reflection purposes.
Your attendance at all live sessions is complusory to obtain certification.